Our Mixed Ages (3-7) KG Program will begin elevating souls, Monday September 14, 2015 at our I-WE Top of the World location, in Laguna Beach.
We are so exited to share this wonderful program with 6-10 like-minded families. There will be 2 teachers with the children and we will alternate our ‘work-time’ between full group activities and two groups based on developmental readiness. This will allow children who are ready to learn reading, writing, math, to do so with Satyanna, while the younger ones can work on activities more suited for their needs and interests with Miss Ami and other wonderful teachers. Each week we will have guest teachers to come teach Yoga, Art, Dance, Music, Puppets Shows, NVC, Gardening, Cooking and more…
MONDAY 10-2 pm Montessori, French, Yoga, Art, NVC, Talking Stick Circles, Stories/Puppets integration of learning and Sustainable Living Education.
TUESDAY 10-2 pm Montessori, French, Yoga, Art, NVC, Talking Stick Circles, Stories/Puppets integration of learning and Music.
WEDNESDAY – 11- 3 pm Crafts and Field Trips.
THURSDAY 10 – 2 pm Montessori, French, Yoga, Art, NVC, Talking Stick Circles, Stories/Puppets integration of learning and Sustainable Living Education.
FRIDAY 10 -2 pm Montessori, French, Yoga, Art, NVC, Talking Stick Circles, Stories/Puppets integration of learning and Cooperative Games.
Field Trip Days
We go into the world and learn from places such as museums, aquariums, radio stations and leaders from the community who are best visited in their own studios or sacred spaces. Such trip was scheduled for our preschoolers to a butterfly garden that our talented art/craft teacher, Jessica De Stephano had lovingly installed at our local library. Jessica is also one of the teachers we collaborate with for our Optional Extended Program 2-5 pm designed to offer specialized classes with a variety of artistic explorations.
10 am – 10:15 am BACK YARD GREETING TIME AND PLAY TIME
10:15 – CIRCLE TIME and Songs – FOLLOWED BY YOGA OR FREEZE DANCE
10:45 – 11:30 WORK TIME (MONTESSORI STYLE – ONE CHILD PER ACTIVITY – CHILD LED)
11:30 CLEAN UP AND LUNCH PREPARATIONS AS A TEAM -LUNCH – CLEAN UP and PLAY UNTIL 1:00 PM OUTSIDE BACKYARD, PARK OR INSIDE CLASSROOM
1:00 WORK TIME IN CLASSROOM
1:45 CLEAN UP, STORY TIME OR MUSIC FUN
1:55 CLOSING CIRCLE SONGS
2:00 PICK UP TIME or Extended day ART program begins
are taught in both English and French.
Words are provided for the families who want to sing at home…
We begin the day with the same songs welcoming the day and each other:
Bonjour song while waiving hello to our friends…
The more we get together (in English and French) OR Make new friends but keep the old ones...
Morning has come/Night is Away OR Down is the Earth…
I-WE Family Song
We close our day with the same songs:
I came from the heavens… OR May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You…
Au-Revoir song and hugs
BEFORE WE CLEAN UP
We give incremental warnings so the children feel honored in preparing for transition…
This is done with a little song: 10 more minutes, 5 more minutes, 3, 2, 1 and… Clean up song.
We have 2 that we alternate… Parents are encouraged to sing at home with the children.
We prefer organic when ever possible
Because some children have allergies, we ask the parents to prepare lunch for their children and bring in re-usable containers. We like to avoid plastic bags as we teach the children about sustainability.
Lunch should be ready to eat (no heating or cooking necessary) and consist of some Protein and Veggies – No white sugar sweets.
We also ask that each child bring a fruit to share that we will combine in a fruit salad for desert.
The children will help prepare the fruit salad, set the table, clean up & wash the dishes…
EXTENDED ART PROGRAM
In addition to our daily Artistic explorations, we offer specialized art lessons covering Acrylics, Watercolors, Pastels, Mixed Media Art and Collages… as well as crafts with wool, yarn and other natural fabrics, Woodworking and Gardening activities, along with Projects/Play-based activities that foster the imagination and creative impulses of the children.
The full 5 days per week tuition is $777.00 for one child with a discount of 222.00 for a sibling. Part time tuition for 3 days (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) per week is $555.00.
A deposit of $555.00 will reserve a spot for your child and is due by June 3rd, 2015.
The reminder of the tuition will be due on the 14th of the month beginning September 14th, 2015 and continue until May 14, 2016 covering classes until June 14th, 2016, at which time we will begin our Summer program, which schedule will be available in the spring.
We offer one scholarship and possibly two. The more children registered and abundance we have… the more outstanding the program can be and the more wonderful outside teachers we will be able to bring into the program.
Our commitment is to make this the most extra-ordinary, amazing program possible! We are grateful for each one of you called to become part of our I-WE family.
DO OUR VALUES MATCH YOURS?
1. We like to stay connected and ask that parents be available for weekly check-ins with us. In addition, we gather together as a village once a month with the families and teachers around a meal for open-sharing discussions about the development of the program, parenting styles and any other subjects of interest. Child care will be provided during that time. To close our gathering, we have offered a gong bath, led by our Music teacher Miss Linn for adults and children – and will continue to provide some form of treats for the families.
2. We believe children need to run around in a park – or have some other form of exercise like jumping or climbing before arriving at 10 am to the I-WE location so that they are ready for calmer activities.
3. We believe in authentic sharing of our values with each other to insure that we create a village of like minded souls committed to an extra-ordinary and sheltered education for their children
4. We believe in limiting TV and Electronics use to less than half hour per day. On week-ends we encourage shows that promote peace and honor the values of the village. We discourage any violent content because children share it with the other children during their time together. We are seeking to gather a list of great movies to recommend as we are sadly aware that these are hard to find.
5. We appreciate you preparing your child’s lunches with loving care. We give thanks for our food before each meal with a song and words of gratitude.
6. We request that families participate and become familiar with NVC (Non Violent Communication), Talking Stick practices, Montessori Sounds Practices (not teaching the letter names before the children know all the sounds and can make simple 3 letter words) – these will be explained in more detail at our first parent teacher meeting – and any other activities that enhance the highest development of the program.
7. We believe that we are better together and that community support is invaluable. Let’s get to know each other! Thank you so much!
949-412-8948 OR Satyanna@me.com